While some are starting to realize the importance of online safety, many people aren’t aware how important it truly is. A recent report released by internet security firm McAfee Labs found that login credentials for many paying Netflix user’s are up for sale on the Dark Web.
Essentially this means that someone could be using your Netflix account right under your nose, and you might have no idea. It also goes to show how far some will go to get something as little as your Netflix login and password. You simply never know why you may be targeted online.
How to Check if Your Netflix Account Has Been Hacked
To ensure your Netflix has not been compromised in anyway, simply follow these steps:
- Click the drop-down menu next to your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click Your Account.
- Scroll down to the My Profile section and select Viewing Activity.
From here you can check your viewing history. Chances are if someone else has been accessing your account you will see movies & TV shows you did not watch.
- Then Click Recent Account Access.
From here you will be able to see the date, time, location and even the device of the last user’s who accessed your Netflix account.
If something doesn’t look right follow these simple steps:
- Change your Netflix password under Your Account or by Clicking Here. Netflix allows the use of passwords that contain letters, numbers, symbols aswell as capitals for maximum protection.
- Visit the My account section once more and scroll down to the Settings section or Click Here.
- Select Sign Out of All Devices and this will lock hackers and malicious user’s out of your account.
We hope this solves your question of how to find out if your Netflix account has been hacked or compromised.