The new Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is launching in just over two weeks!
Nintendo’s upcoming NES Classic Edition system is basically a mini version of the original NES that was released in 1985.
”Just plug the NES Classic Edition into your TV, pick up that gray controller, and rediscover the joy of NES games”, Nintendo boasts.
What’s great about The NES Classic is that you can enjoy 30 of the best retro games pre loaded onto the system in HD!
The system features 3 different display modes to choose from:
- CRT Filter: Looks like an old TV, scan lines and all.
- 4:3: Gives you the original NES game look, with a slight horizontal stretch.
- Pixel Perfect: Each pixel is a perfect square, so you see the games exactly as designed.
Although you can’t add or remove any games, the system has four Suspend Point slots for each game, to allow you to save your progress.
What Comes In The Box
- NES Classic Edition system.
- One NES Classic Controller.
- HDMI Cable.
- AC Adapter.
- 30 pre installed games (listed below).
* Extra NES Classic Controllers sold separately for $9.99 each.
What 30 Games Does The NES Classic Edition Come With
- Balloon Fight
- Bubble Bobble
- Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Double Dragon II: The Revenge
- Dr. Mario
- Final Fantasy
- Ghosts ‘n Goblins
- Ice Climbers
- Kid Icarus
- Kirby’s Adventure
- Mega Man 2
- Mario Bros.
- Ninja Gaiden
- Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
- Star Tropics
- Super Contra
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Tecmo Bowl
- The Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The NES Classic Edition hits stores on November 11th/2016 and will be priced at $59.99 MSRP.
As Game Stop has announced they will not be doing pre orders, you can find an official list of retailers and available pre-orders on Nintendo’s website at the bottom of the page.
What are your thoughts on the new system? Will you be purchasing the retro remake this holiday season? Let us know in the comments.